Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Home Grown Fish

My aquaponics systems is stocked with about 30 Jade perch, while they are not barramundi in the taste department, they are still fine. They are best smoked-very tasty and succulent. Apparently this breed has the one of the highest level of Omega 3 oils-so very healthy.

Vegetable growth is a bit slow at the moment, not unexpected in winter, but there is enough growth to uptake the nutrient from the fish (who slow down their food intake due to the colder water temperature).


A good hobby, fresh fish and veggies!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Terry.....

    How weird.....I started doing an aquaponics sysem 8 months ago, just dispatched my first crop of rainbow trout.....had bucket loads of Broccoli and lettuce.....

    And now I have a Mango too, must be something to do with whacky recumbent riders ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened to come across your blog as I have been researching the Mango velomobile. BTW, nice blog on your machine. I am seriously thinking about getting one. I am curious how has your experience been since you got it? Looks like you are coming up to a full year. I'd love to hear the good and bad experiences and how you have incorporated it into your life. Thanks in advance for sharing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi POH!, the Mango is a great machine, I've clocked up nearly 4000km so far. They are very comfortable to ride, especially over long distance. In October all the Brisbane mangos completed a charity ride from Brisbane to the Gold Coast-100kms, as they don't fit too well on trains, we had to ride back to Brisbane, so a 200km day, the temp got to 38C as well. Apart from tired legs, there was no neck, shoulder, arm or wrist pain after the ride-they are amazing.

    I suggest going for the Mango you won't regret it! I think there are about 7 Mangos in Australia now and I think every owner would echo my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete